Saturday, December 31, 2011

It's Going to be a Good Year ....

Happy New Year to you all!!

Wow, I just can't believe we're entering 2012 already! Where has this year gone! Time flies when you're having fun (and sometimes having not so much fun too!). What can I say about 2011, a lot actually, but for everyone's sanity I'll keep it short and sweet.

2011 has been a year full of ups and downs; the highest of highs and the lowest of lows! It was a year Austin and I celebrated our baby girl being "fixed" two times, Yay!!! And a year of being told three times that she wasn't, yuck! In spite of all this we were able to celebrate Madi's first birthday, which next to the day she was born was one of the best days of our lives! After the year she had, there was cause for a huge celebration! So many family friends came to see her and celebrate with us, it was great! I'll never forget her in that little "Sweet as Can Bee" tutu of hers! She was so adorable! I also will never forget celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas at Texas Children's, what memories we have made this year! Moments to be cherished, that's for sure. Overall it's been a year of growth for us (well physically not much for Madi but she's gained a little weight here and there hehehe); a year we have had struggles but again come out on top due only to the love God has for us! We will continue to trust in Him everyday of this coming year, knowing that by this time next year, and every year thereafter, we will come out on top! Its going to be a good year once again!

As for how Madi is doing, she continues do well and show everybody how tough she is! Last week we had a few rough days after struggling some with her medication increase, but the dr's got that all sorted out and she's doing well now! It's a balancing act of controlling the negative side effects of the drug while waiting for the positive, so that's the phase we're currently in. We keep hoping to get out of ICU but we're not quite there, getting closer but not just yet. Besides all that, Madi actually took her first steps last week in the ICU!!!!! Now if that isn't overcoming obstacles I don't know what is! It's hard to learn to walk under normal circumstances let alone dragging all these dang cords along with you!! She's so awesome! Not only that but we also learned she is indeed bulletproof as we suspected :). The other day the nurses tried to thread a needle into her skin but it was too tough to go through so it wouldn't work! Crazy huh! We always knew she was "thick skinned" we just didn't know she literally is thick skinned, ha! Anyway, she is as sassy as ever and continues to yell at all of us to tell us what she wants and when she wants it! She shakes her head no to absolutely everything and glares at the doctors and nurses sometimes when they get too close! Everyone around here knows how spunky our girl is, and for good reason! Austin says he knows exactly where she gets her attitude from but I have no idea what he's talking about!

We've had our family here this past week and will have the rest here next week so it's been great to see all of them and for them to see Madi! She's finally starting to know each of their faces and most of their names (i.e. gramsie, nana, auntie, Grama, uncle etc.). We're so blessed to have such a strong support system from not only our immediate family but all of our extended family and friends as well! Thank you all for your Christmas cards and generous gifts, we really appreciate all you have done and continue to do for us! God hears your prayers and watches over our little M&M each and everyday!

I hope you all have a Happy New Year and cherish each day we are given!

Love Tabi

1 comment:

  1. It's so good to hear she took her first steps! Not to mention her little thick skin super power! She truly is awesome! ;) I can't wait for the next time I get to see you guys, perhaps it will be out of the ICU! I continue to pray every night! I know God is hearing all of our prayers! Love you!

    ReplyDelete