Saturday, December 3, 2011

Bring It On!

Hey There,

Sorry I haven't updated "y'all" (gotta get used to this new term around here, hehehe) for awhile, there hasn't been much of a change since the last time I updated which is why I haven't posted for a few days! But like we always say, no news is good news so there ya go!

Honestly though, all is going well, Madi is doin fantastic and acting like her sassy little adorable self!! Your prayers are working wonders as always :). She is actually well enough to go home but because she had a rhythm problem a couple weeks ago it's safest she be monitored continuously to make sure that doesn't happen again. And it hasn't for quite a few days so Amen to that! In the mean time we're just waiting for a new medication to hopefully take effect (which can take at least 3 weeks) and then if it doesn't we'll try a larger dose or different medication. Slow and steady usually wins the race with heart babies so we'll take it for now!

While we're waiting for meds to kick in Madi has also been in the process of being evaluated for a heart transplant if needed :( If in fact none of the medications work the dr's are trying she may unfortunately need a heart transplant. Something I thought we'd never come to but the reality is her little heart has been drug through the ringer enough times that it may be irreversibly damaged from her last surgery in May. It was quite invasive as the surgeon had to cut through her left ventricle (the main pumping chamber for the entire body, something surgeons dont like to do) to close all her little holes in her heart and it's a little stiff. So long story short, we may be able to help everything through medications enough that her heart will be able to heal on its own but we may not, something that only God can decide, which He knows the best course for Her, that we discovered long ago! It's hard to swallow it all but we don't have any other choice at this point, we just put our game faces on and say to ourselves "bring it on" with God on our side we can tackle anything!! This is me at my best, please don't be fooled, this really sucks and is something I wish no parent would ever have to experience but if we didn't experience hard times would we ever truly know what good times are? I think not! For that I am thankful to God; He has made me stop and think how much of a blessing each day is and how much stronger my Faith needed to be and how much stronger it still can become!

On a lighter note, the grandmas are both here and helping us every second of the day! Wow, they are amazing! Gramsie (my mom), Grama (Lyn), and myself have been rotating each night at the hospital so we can each get 2 good nights of sleep and so Madi has all the comfort and love in the world 24/7! I really have no idea how we would survive without them! They have been cleaning at home, doing laundry, going to the store, and cooking meals to bring to the hospital every night so we don't have to eat out all the time, like I said amazing moms!

We truly are blessed each day; friends are visiting bringing gifts for Madi, food for us, and great company all around. People across the entire region continue to pray for our little M&M (miracle Madi) so we feel so much love and support from all of you! We can't say thank you enough! I will start trying to post more frequently to avoid such long darn posts! Sheesh! Until next time, take care!

Love Tabi

P.s. you'll be happy to know we have one of the most decorated rooms on the whole floor complete with baby Xmas tree, Xmas countdown calendar, wreaths, bows, glitter, Xmas music, the works! Now all we need is two big dogs and we would be right at home! Guess the picture will have to do for now :).

1 comment:

  1. Tabi that baby is such a strong little girl! I'm sad I haven't been able to meet her yet, but maybe when I'm home over Christmas break I can pay you all a visit! She, and all of you, are in my prayers every single night and I look forward to hearing continued positive updates from you! Your faith and strength are absolutely inspiring! I love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete