Hey Guys,
So unfortunately I'm writing today's update from the cardiac ICU :(. Nothing really happened the Dr's just noticed something on Madi's heart monitor that they hadn't previously noticed (was actually there the whole time) and felt she would be safer in the ICU, so here we are! This latest information actually told the dr's that yes, Madi does need a pacemaker. What is crazy is that .8 seconds made it evident that she needed a pacemaker. why .8 seconds do you ask? Well, for 2.8 seconds her heart randomly stopped beating, if it was anything under 2 seconds it would be normal but because it's 2.8 she must have the pacemaker because there's no way to know how much longer that 2.8 seconds could last and we don't want to find out, so while we wait for surgery, the amazing folks here in the ICU will watch her like a hawk and make sure that doesn't happen!
I can't tell you how sick we are of cardiac ICU's; we keep wondering when this will stop for Madi and when will she catch a break? But then again we stop and remind ourselves how far God has brought us all and never failed! He has a plan (we keep wondering what the heck that plan is!) but all we have to do is trust! This is much easier said than done when you're told that your innocent baby girl has to have heart surgery for the fourth time but like Austin reminded me, we came in for a routine visit on Monday and God made it apparent at that moment that something was wrong! Her heart rhythm problems are very spuratic so sometimes it's perfectly fine and sometimes it's not, so to catch her just right at a time when her heart was being funky is a miracle in itself!!! We easily could have left that appointment and never known until something major happened. This has been the case with almost all of her surgeries, we thought all was well until God intervened and pointed something out to the doctors that needed fixing. Like I said, He has been watching over her and continues to do so, so thank you for lifting her up in prayer because it is working every single day!
In the mean time, she is just snoozing in her crib right now after a morning of Mickey Mouse clubhouse, toys, Cheerios and a sponge bath, so all is well! I know a lot of you have asked how you can help and honestly since my parents are here (thank goodness) we are doing just fine and able to take care of logistics of being in the hospital but the best thing you can do is just continue to pray for her as you always have and she will be just fine. Although she is small, she is stronger and more resilient than you would ever imagine, it's quite "miraculous" actually. Like I said the other day, I'm so glad she has no clue what is going on and is content with her surroundings for the time being.
We won't find out a surgery date till Monday and we might possibly go to cath before that but we'll know more in a couple days! Until then thank you for your love, support and prayers!!!
Love the Fleaks :)
Hey Tabi! I just want you to know that I am always thinking about you Fleaks ;)... u have made me realized so many things, I seriously think God is wonderful like you said every time, and he will not leave your side. I read every post, thank you for sharing. I hope with all my heart Madi gets better soon. keep hanging in there girl! I admire you so much! Lots of hugs!!
ReplyDelete