Hey guys,
I seemed to have slipped into some sense of "normalcy" here and forgot to update you! We've had an entire month free of doctor visits and so I guess I was on vacation! Now that we have a clinic appointment on Thursday it reminded me that I seriously needed to update everyone!
It's been so nice to have a month free of needle pokes, echos, EKG's, stethoscopes and doctors but wow has it gone fast! When they told me last month we got a whole month off it seemed like forever but it's already crept up on us! Thursday is a clinic appointment where Madi will have her blood drawn to check her drug levels, an echo to check heart function and a visit with the docs. It's a long morning but not too bad.
It's been almost four months since madi's gift was given to her and she continues to amaze us! She's getting stronger and stronger everyday. She's even walking all on her own! Well, as long as I hold on to the back of her shirt she goes everywhere, once I let go she stops, just needs a little more confidence is all :). In PT we're working on her sitting up from laying down and pulling to stand from sitting so she won't need me to help her with those transitions. She's soooo close to doing both by herself, its much harder when you only have one strong arm to push and pull up onto. But she seems to be conquering the task as usual!! Pretty good for loosing all the function in her left arm and leg only a short time ago! Madi, you are my hero :)
Today I thought I would get out the "toddler potty" bc she's 25 months and maybe could get used to the idea! Well, I got it out, sat her on it and said ok madi, go potty and she did!! Three times that day!! Maybe it was a fluke I don't know, we'll see what tomorrow brings but I was so proud :)!! Just another moment where she has displayed her brilliancy :) ......all parents say this i'm sure!! Lol :). Pee has never been so exciting!
We did experience our first cold ever last week....ugh :(. I thought I would be able to protect her from every little germ on the planet but guess what, that's not possible!! Hey, at least I tried! We got pretty lucky and she never ended up getting a fever, nausea etc. so didn't cause much harm other than a few sleepless nights with a stuffy nose. I still have no idea how she got sick because she never leaves the house, except for a ride in the car now and again. But, guess that's what happens when your immune system is very suppressed, you catch every little thing. Colds and viruses for Madi are nothing to be taken lightly, each time she gets sick she risks her anti rejection medication levels fluctuating, her immune system reving up, and opens the door for rejection or simply a virus her body cannot defend itself against....we'd rather keep that door as tightly locked as possible! But, I know now all I can do is what I have been doing and the rest is up to God to protect her from everything else, just as it always has been!! When I start to drive myself crazy about germs I remind myself of this fact :)
I always get asked how are "you" doing?? So, just to let y'all know, I'm doing just fine :). I have days where I get kinda stir crazy and just wanna take Madi out for an errand or something but in those instances I just remind myself of days that I longed to be in our own house, on our own couch and playing with madi in our own living room, and now that wish has come true! When I think of it that way it's pretty easy to stop wanting more than the blessings I already have. Some days I play the "what if" game in my head; you know, what if this happens and what if that doesnt happen?? Makes me sad, steals my joy and ruins my day! These thoughts as it turns out, are simply the devil trying to creep into my heart and soul where only the Lord is intended! During those "what if" moments I pray for the Holy spirit to come over me and get the darn devil out!! And that usually does the trick:) Or, just remind myself that while I'm worrying about tomorrow, today is passing me by!! God only intends for me to see right in front of my feet so I don't fall, it's not necessary to see the entire path to keep going! So, I keep going, because each day is a blessing that I am so thankful for. I'm thankful for each smile I get to see, each hug I get to feel and each giggle I get to hear :). And I don't think I could survive without Austin who makes me laugh every single day and always treats his girls like princesses. God knew what he was doing when he joined these two (now three,) hearts......What a coincidence these are the words in the song that was sung during our wedding ceremony :)
That's about it for now in the Fleak house, I'll attach a few pictures at the bottom so you can see this little baby who has suddenly become a toddler!! I hope this post finds you all well! We still have a few more months until we're off of house arrest (and probably a few more months past that through the cold and flu season) but can't wait to share this Angel with all of you someday!! For now, take care and enjoy fall. Please keep miss Madi in your prayers for a good appointment tomorrow and continued good health!!
Love, Tabi
P.s. sign up to be an organ donor! Madi's angel heart family, we thank you and think of you everyday!











No comments:
Post a Comment