Tuesday, March 6, 2012

For the Greater Good .....

"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according for His purpose for them." Romans 8:28


Hi Guys,

It's been awhile since I last updated the blog (as usual,sorry) but a lot has happened since last time! A lot of GOOD things that is! Little M&M is finally extubated and doin great! She is currently on CPAP but should be switching to a high flow nasal cannula today (it's closer to a normal oxygen cannula just a little higher flow). Anyway, it took us seven weeks to get here but none of that maters, all that maters is that we made it! This is huge step for her :). God has given her so much strength to overcome everything she has endured, I am just amazed!

We've come a long way, it's just crazy what Madi has been through in the last seven weeks, well 19 months if you think about it. My last post we were about to extubate her but she actually "coded" again a few days later. This time it wasn't as bad as before because she had the Berlin giving her cardiac output even though the right side of heart was freaking out somewhat. The day before this event she was weaned from one of the narcotics she had been on for a month and this caused her to be tachycardic all day with a heart rate in the 150's (classic drug withdrawal). This isn't good for a normal heart to do all day long so a heart in bad shape really doesnt tolerate it and it just got tired and decided to slow way down. So, after a couple doses of epinephrine and an entire night of low and high heart rates it finally decided it felt better and started beating more normally by the morning. She would have been in much worse shape if she wouldnt have had the Berlin helping her to maintain a good blood pressure and stable pulse through all that! The next few days after that were followed with kidney and liver dysfunction due to the stress of the event most likely as well as another treatment for pneumonia! I know, lovely huh, but just remember she's much better now and all that stuff has resolved......thank you Lord :).

After all that it was time to tackle extubation again and she finally did it! I think everyone was worried that she wouldn't be strong enough and they'd have to reintubate but she did great! of course :). Then on Saturday she had a huge blood clot in her Berlin so the doctors had to take her to the OR and change her pump out, otherwise the clot could have dislodged and caused another stroke, ugh! But God protected her thought that as well. It only took them 48 seconds (which is their record time, gotta do it fast bc there's absolutely zero blood flow to her body during the time they change it out). she came back from OR with a shiny new pump with no clots in it! We've finally gotten over this huge hump and we're in a much safer place now! Whew!

Anyway, I started out with Romans 8:28 because I read it the other day and it got me thinking about how our little baby girl has brought so many people closer to God. And I'm only talking about those of you who tell me how much of an impact she has had on you, that doesn't even include everyone else who hears about Madi and prays for her. I don't know if I'll ever understand why God chose her or why He chose our family but if anything I know that I find peace in the fact that Madi is God at His finest; her "broken heart" has healed so many and brought them closer to Him, I mean isn't that the ultimate goal,to bring as many to the Lord as we can? If that's the case, Madi is certainly in the lead however physically behind she may appear. Although this whole thing really sucks and I'm totally over it and just want to take my baby home I draw upon this from time to time to help remind me what we're really doing here, working together for the good of those who love God :)

Oh and last thing, she is at the top of the transplant list! If any offers come in within a 500 mile radius she's the one! Last week two offers came in and she wasn't at the top of the list but now she is. Praying for a gift of life :). Thank you again for your continued thoughts and prayers!!

Love, Tabi

1 comment:

  1. Praise God Tabi! YOU and Austin are an inspiration to me every day! As well as Madi, she is a fighter! Love you guys! You are always in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete