Saturday, January 21, 2012

Patience....

Hey Guys,

Just a quick update on Miss Madi; she is doin well so far with her new "heart" or Berlin I should say :)  It's been a slow going recovery but she's doin just fine.  One side of her heart is still functioning on its own and the other side has been taken over by the Berlin.  The recovery process is ultimately a waiting game to allow the side of her heart that is functioning (the right side) to recover from surgery and get used to its new partner the Berlin etc. In the mean time her little sternum is still open and she is intubated; this allows some extra room for the swollen heart after surgery and easier access if need be!  Sounds bad, but it's really all covered up and she is completely on another planet with all the sedatives and pain meds she is on!  Thank Goodness!!  (I think I need a continuous drip of the same meds some days, just put me to sleep and wake me up when it's all over!  Unfortunately, the nurses said no, lol).  But all in all she has done quite well and the doctors are pleased with how she is doing so far. 

Its a waiting game thats for sure! There's not a set plan of how things are to go, we just give her time to heal and go from there but I wish it were all faster! Each day I pray for patience; I ask God to help me realize that good things will come of all of this if I just wait patiently and trust in Him.  I pray because I can't do anything else; I want to pick her up and hold her, I want to see her smile, I want to run my fingers through her curly hair, I want to feel her lay her head on my shoulder and most of all I want her to grab my nose and smile (this is a thing she does just for her mama for some reason and it melts my heart).  But when I really stop and think about it I know God will grant us a lifetime of hugs and nose grabbing if only I continue to trust and be patient.  And so I ask for it everyday, patience, strength and faith.  It's an ongoing battle, but one that I will never give up :)  I fight because Madi fights! She is so small but she is so mighty; some days when I just sit and admire her while she's fast asleep I cant believe the strength she has, not just physcially but spiritually.  Nothing gets her down!  She is eager but patient, she is calm but fiesty, she is quiet yet so opinionated and most of all she is weak but so strong!  When I think of her and all that she is, I can't help but draw upon the strength of this little angel.  God has given her power beyond belief, not only to win her own battle but to help each of us win our battles!  And for that I am thankful and amazed all at the same time! 

Last week we had thousands of people across the U.S. praying for our little girl, wow!  Isn't that just awesome!  We can never thank you all enough for all you have done for us, she is here because God heard your prayers and answered them fully!  Please continue to pray for her as we have a long road ahead but we're getting closer and closer each day!  Thank you again!

Love Tabi

1 comment: